#1 10-04-2023 05:39:08

seestyle
Membre

Browns hold NFLs largest national anthem

Le s than a week after coach Hue Jackson mentioned that he Mark Webb Jr. Jersey  didn't nece sarily want to see his players protesting during the national anthem, the Browns responded by holding the 's largest protest since started kneeling in August 2016.Nearly a dozen players went to their knee during the national anthem before Cleveland's game against the on Monday. According , , , , , , , , and were among the players who kneeled during the anthem.  Woah. A ton of Browns kneeling during the national anthem here  Jordan Zirm (@clevezirm)  The inclusion of DeValve is notable because it makes him the first white player to kneel during the anthem. DeValve's inclusion in the Browns' protest comes  that and symbolically  on to the shoulder of their teammates and Derek Carr made a point of putting his arm around Khalil Mack during the anthem.As for the Browns, there were several players who didn't kneel for the anthem, but did show support for the protest by placing their arms  Justin Herbert Jersey on their teammates. Rookie quarterback , , , and were all among the group who showed their support while standing.  At halftime of the game, the Browns organization released a statement about the protest."As an organization, we have a profound respect for our country's National Anthem, flag and the  Los Angeles Chargers Pet Gear servicemen and servicewomen in the United States and abroad," the teams said. "We feel it's important for our team to join in this great tradition and special moment of recognition."Although the team didn't seem too happy about the protest, the organization did say that it would respect every player's decision.  "At the same time we also respect the great liberties afforded by our country including the freedom of personal expre sion," the team said.The Browns protest comes le s than a week after Jackson had said he was hoping he wouldn't see those i sue from his team."I think everybody has a right to do, and I get it, but the national anthem means a lot to myself personally, the organization and our football team. I  Uchenna Nwosu Jersey hope -- again I can't speak, I haven't really talked to our team about it -- I would hope that we don't have those i sues," Jackson .  The Browns coach later clarified his remarks and said he wouldn't be against it if any of his player decided to kneel."My personal feeling is that over the last season, we've seen players come under unfair scrutiny for protesting during the anthem, mainly because the focus has become on whether or not a player is being disrespectful to the flag or military and not on the  Keenan Allen Jersey i sue and cause attempting to be addre sed by the protest," Jackson said in a statement. "The intent of my comments was not to discourage individual expre sion from our players in light of a cause that moves them to personal expre sion. I'm disheartened that I gave anyone that impre sion because I did not speak with enough clarity."The Browns were kneeling during the national anthem as a way to protest racial injustice and police brutality. The team's decision means Kaepernick's protest is more than likely going to continue in 2017 whether he's in the league or not.

Pied de page des forums