#1 13-03-2024 09:00:23

seestyle
Membre

Cam Newtons absence opens door for Mac Jones plus the Yankees are the

Hello everyone, , giving you all the sports news you need to know on this fabulous Tuesday. I think everyone on the East Coast can agree with me that I'm thrilled the downpour has stopped and that Hurricane Henri wasn't as bad as first thought up here. Hopefully everyone stayed safe during the weather we did get.         CBS Sports HQ Newsletter   Your Ultimate Guide to Every Day in Sports   We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge.     I agree to receive the "CBS Sports HQ Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .                 Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.     Sorry!   There was an error proce sing your subscription.     This isn't a weather newsletter though, this is for sports, so let's get to that. Today we will talk some football, including last night's preseason game, the latest MLB Power Rankings and much more.Let's get started. What you need to know1. QB competitions put on display in vs. Yes, we Blank Jersey  had a full weekend of preseason football, but the action doesn't stop there. On Monday night, the New Orleans Saints hosted the Jacksonville Jaguars. Both teams enter the season with a different quarterback than last year, with Drew Brees retiring and the Jags selecting with the first overall pick.But even without Bre s under center, the Saints defeated the Jaguars in a close one in the Big Easy, by a final score of 23-21. The main reason the Saints came out on top?  had a fantastic first half.  He connected with wide receiver for two touchdowns in the first quarter, putting the home team up 14-0 earlyWinston is very much in the middle of a quarterback competition with , so this was huge for himOn the other side of the ball, there's another quarterback competition happening between Trevor Brandon Brennan Jersey  Lawrence and . Many expect Lawrence to get the starting job come the regular season, and last night was a glimpse into why. Here's how they both performed:Lawrence: 14/23, 113 yardsMinshew: 13/21, 149 yards, one interceptionIt will be interesting to see what both these teams do at quarterback in Week 1, and the performances from last night will likely go a long way into making those decisions.2. 's absence helps ... and could've been avoided Ahead of the season, the NFL and NFL Players A sociation agreed on COVID-19 protocols. Ultimately, the league is putting an emphasis on encouraging players to get vaccinated. There are specific rules in place about where and when players can travel, and the and Cam Newton are finding out the difficult way that the protocols have many stipulations.  over the NFL's testing requirements.Patriots team statement: The misunderstanding likely either came from:Newton mi Justin Dunn Jersey  sing one of the daily tests, which would also subject him to a $50,000 fine by the league, orHe did not get the required Mesa test by the league and received a different kind of testIt is not yet known whether the misunderstanding came from Newton or the team. But regardle s, the mi sed time means the presumed QB1 will mi s the first joint practice with the on Wednesday.In the statement, the team did not mention Newton's vaccination status, but they didn't have to. Vaccinated players aren't subject to travel restrictions. They are only required to be tested once every 14 days and wouldn't have daily tests under the protocols.  As a result of all this, rookie first-round pick Mac Jones will now be the offensive leader with Newton out for a bit. The Patriots' next game is against the Giants on Sunday at 6 p.m. ET.3. Yankees, Rays move up in MLB Power Rankings How 'bout them Yankees? The Yankees spent some time seriously struggling this season while their rival Red Sox were soaring to the top of the standings, but in sports, nothing is a sure thing. Now that script is flipped.The Yankees are getting healthier and have ten straight wins, which makes that top wild card spot a very serious po sibility for New York. I mean, right now even the top spot in the AL East isn't out of the question.  There are other teams in the league, though, so we must discu s them as well.along with how they moved since the last power rankings:No. 1: Giants, didn't moveNo. 2: Dodgers, didn't moveNo. 3: Rays, moved up two spotsNo. 4: Brewers, didn't moveNo. 5: Astros, down two spotsNo. 6: Yankees, moved up two spotsNo. 7: White Sox, moved up two spotsNo. 8: Athletics, moved down two spotsNo. 9: Braves, moved up four spotsNo. 10: Red Sox, moved down three spotsFor the full MLB Power Rankings and commentary on every team, .4. Tony Finau ends his long winle s streak with victory at Northern Trust Hurricane Henri delayed a bit, but action resumed Monday after a rare day off for in the middle of the tournament for the players. The stakes were high in the final round, because after this tournament, the top 70 in the FexEd Cup standings advance to the BMW Championship -- which is scheduled to start this Thursday.Tony Finau had gone 1,975 days and participated in 143 consecutive tournaments since he last recorded a victory. On Monday that streak came to an end as he won Northern Trust in great fashion.  Finau won in a playoff and held off the No. 1 player in the world, Jon Rahm,  Jean Segura Jersey in the proce s. Finau and both ended regulation at 20 under, while Rahm faded to 18 under. Rahm lead the tournament for four and a half days, but was unable to get the job done.Here's He shot a 30 on the back nine, including a 3-foot eagle and three other birdiesOn the final hole, his shot came up short in a bunker,  Felix Hernandez Jersey but he was able to put in a 6-footer. That put Finau into a playoff with SmithThe playoff didn't last long, as Smith put his tee shot out of boundsFinau made a straightforward par to come out on topFinau had gone five years between wins, but was able to quiet those questioning his abilities with this victory.Finau: CBS Sports' golf scribe Kyle Porter went through the rest of the leaderboard and.   Odds & EndsFormer NHL player and Boston College champion yesterday on what would've been his 43rd birthday What to watch tonight 3:37 p.m. | OAK -140| TV: MLB.TV, 7:20 p.m.| ATL -145| TV: MLB.TV, 7:05 p.m. | PHI +105 | TV: MLB.TVBest thing I saw on the internet I imagine getting called up to the majors is quite the moment. Though I will never experience it due to a lack of talent, I can imagine it's amazing. Miami Marlins pitching prospect Edwards Cabrera is one of the top players in Miami's farm system The 23-year-old is expected to get his first career start on Wednesday when the Marlins play the Washington Nationals.

Pied de page des forums